The District Armed Reserve Force is one of the key units of Chikkaballapura district Police. It is the armed wing of the District Police to assist the Civil Police in maintenance of Law & order, providing security to vital installations and VIPs of the city, arranging escorts for prisoners, cash, and important documents.
The District Armed Reserve is headed by Superintendent of Police of Chikkaballapura District.
The main function of DAR is to provide:
- Escort for Prisoners
- Guards to VVIPs & VIPs – Governor, Chief Minister, Ministers etc.
- Guards to vital installations
- Guards & Escort to visiting foreign dignitaries
- Security to Honourable Judges of Courts
- Guards to Banks
- Escort for aviation fuel
- Escort for cash remittances
- Escort for Arms and Ammunition
- Striking force for maintaining Law & Order
- Motor Transport workshop, fleet management and operation
- Dog Squads for Crime and Bomb Detection