Chikkaballapura District Police has completed Ten glorious years in the service of public. During 2007, Chikkaballapura District was created from Kolar district and the police force was headed by an IPS officer of the rank of the Superintendent of police. The First Superintendent of Police was Sri. T.G. Krishna Bhat, IPS functioning from 2007.
Chikkaballapura District Police is headed by the IPS officer of the rank of SP and the present Superintendent of Police Sri Karthik Reddy IPS is 7th in the list of Superintendent of Police who have served the district.
Starting out as a small unit, Chikkaballapura District Police has now grown as one of the effective and efficient police units in the State serving around 12,55,104 people. With the rapid development of the district, time and again, new stations have been created to effectively maintain law & order and crime in the district. Today we have 17 law & order Police stations, one Traffic PS, one Women PS and one DCB PS.
Chikkaballapura District Police, through the years has earned a formidable reputation as a leader in innovative practices and has been at the vanguard in harnessing technology for better policing and also for initiating citizen friendly schemes. Right from its inception, District Police has worked unswervingly to ensure prompt delivery of service to the citizens of all walks of life of this great district and has earned its spurs as one of the best police units in the state.
- We strive to protect our diverse and dynamic community with fairness, integrity and respect for the rights of the individual.
- We resolve to develop a creative, forward looking workforce, dedicated to raising our level of excellence to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
- We aspire to be a world class Police service working in partnership with citizens and communities to prevent crime and road trauma, enhance public safety and maintain law and order.
- We will be proactive in our efforts, professional in our demeanour, always being conscious not to infringe on the rights guaranteed to all citizens by constitution.
- We are dedicated to protecting life, property and ensuring fair and equal treatment to everyone.
- We will always remember that we are the guardian of our community and we are committed to public service excellence by providing safe and secure environment.
- We strive towards boosting the morale and keeping the motivation and enthusiasm of our manpower at the highest possible levels.
- Our members are dedicated to the service they provide and their actions reflect pride In the department and community.